Monday, June 27, 2011

NO REGRETS

Sometimes pondering on my life, the past and present, I feel that I’m content with the happenings that have taken place.  I had been watching the movie, “Meet Joe Black”, with Brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins when towards the end of the movie, Anthony Hopkins is dancing with his favorite daughter and tells her that he has, no regrets, about his life and accomplishments.  He wouldn’t change anything.
That’s the way I feel as well.  Thinking of what I’ve done in my life and the experiences I’ve had and seen I wouldn’t change a thing.  With the close bonding between my mother and myself, I felt compelled to share my feelings to my son since we’ve had the similar bonding but at a much younger age.  So one night I texted him that I wanted him to know that if anything were to ever happen to me that I had no regrets about my existence on this earth and felt content with everything that I’d accomplished.  That I wasn’t now afraid of death even though I hope to continue more experiences for quite a long time.
He, of course, got concerned thinking I was comtemplating suicide with everything that has happened over the past financial challenges I’ve endured and phoned me.  I explained that that wasn’t the case and never could be.  I just wanted him to know that he could continue on his life path knowing that his dad passed on a happy man with “NO REGRETS”.
So I continue on my path of existence eagerly hoping for continuing experiences and make the most out of this existence on this planet Earth.
“NO REGRETS”
God bless and God speed

No comments:

Post a Comment