Tuesday, December 21, 2010

THE APARTMENT

I had secured my new apartment through my former landlords that I had been with prior to my move to San Diego.  Due to the urgency of my situation I had contacted them first to see if they might have anything available for Ellie and I.  I requested my old apartment because of its location on the Independence square with a 3rd floor view of the KC downtown skyscape and it was like living in the trees that surrounded the area.  It was occupied but I would have access to it when it became available. 
The landlord had informed me that this new apartment was much smaller but was the only one available for Ellie.  It’s a disappointment compared to the other but I have to make the best of it until later on.  I have a much smaller kitchen with very little cabinet or counter space. There was one lamp table but no other furniture so Ken gave me a tv stand.  I use my lawn chair as my only seat in the place except my air-mattress in the bedroom. 
Anyway, I’ve made the best of it and made do with what I’ve got to work with.  The first major problem I incurred was discovering a leak under the kitchen sink.  I discovered it when I noticed Ellie hesitate to enter for access to her food and even more when she started lapping up water from the floor.  That’s when I found a leak under the sink and realized that I had just washed the dishes before and drained the water when it really started to leak.
After getting everything as organized I as could I took the evening off for relaxation and watched the tube for entertainment.  I watched Ellie adapting to her new place as she found her place that likes to lay and watch me (especially for a treat).  I just feel good that Ellie and I have a place to live and be sheltered.  I’m sure I can make it livable for me.
God bless and God speed

No comments:

Post a Comment