Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I AM A SURVIVOR

September 26, 2011
I’M A SURVIVOR
My good friend out in California and I were hoisting a few beers (maybe more) one night when the conversation turned to my challenging times.  He said I was a survivor, as he has had to be in his hard times, especially where I had been in my career of making a very good living and had a fairly easy positive lifestyle.
I’ve reflected on this and began to consider how things might have turned out otherwise.  It made me think of the time I was in St. Louis on business reading the St. Louis Post newspaper in my room before beginning my business day when I noticed an article relating to the best person to hire for a job.  The writer indicated that the best person to hire would be an ex-cross country runner because of how the race is primarily a battle between the individual racer and himself.  They have a great deal of intestinal fortitude and a “ not-give-up “ attitude.
It was one of the first times I began to realize who I was and why.  It opened up a whole new perspective of myself because I had been a cross country runner and one of the best in the metro area.  It fit in with my prior posting “Who Am I?”.
I’ve gotten to experience the good life of raising two great kids and financial stability.  Since I’ve been thrust into the financial challenges of life, I can adapt to any of those challenges that cross my path.  It’s hard, but due to my analytical and positive mind, I somehow am able to come up with a positive solution to the problem at hand.
I sometimes will hear Super Tramp’s song “The Long Way Home” and think of how it may be tough going,  but I’m  just taking that long way home in life now.  Then I’ll hear Chicago’s  “Feeling Stronger Every Day” which is inspirational to the way I perceive my existence currently as a survivor.   “I AM A SURVIVOR”
“God Bless and God Speed”
daveyenterprise@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment