Tuesday, December 13, 2011

THE TAJ MAHAL OF STUDIO APARTMENTS

I secured a new studio apartment with my former landlords back in the same apartment building that I had resided before leaving for San Diego.  I really had hopes of my old apartment located on the 3rd floor with its’ fantastic KC downtown skyscape and treetop view but the current tenant had renewed his lease for another year.
They had shown me a more spacious first floor studio that has a large covered porch area.  The inside has 11 foot ceilings with a large kitchen area and the heating units work efficiently compared to the one I left.  Ellie, I know, greatly appreciates the spacious quarters where she can stretch her legs and keep a better eye on my movements.
After getting the wall hangings up, furniture in place and things organized, I sit in my recliner and look around at how much nicer it is here than, especially, the apartment I just came from.  The earth tone coloring and high ceilings accent the spacious feeling.  I find it even nicer than my old upstairs apartment, though I enjoyed the higher up view, it gives me a cleaner environment outlook.  My only concern is the first floor easy access for someone wanting to break in.  It’s Ellie’s presence that gives me some security feeling, even when I’m away at work.
All-in-all, it gives me a fulfilled comfort level of home.  Not too big, not too small.  A place I plan to call my home for some time.  It’s my “TAJ MAHAL OF STUDIOS”.
I just realized, I “am” home for the first time in a long time.
God bless and God speed

No comments:

Post a Comment